Listed below are some useful tips you can use for your daily coping with your eczema symptoms and to keep it at bay.
- Stress reduction – Get rid of stress if you don’t want to experience eczema flare ups. Here are some ideas on how to accomplish this:
- Get regular exercise
- Eat right – Don’t eat foods that may be eczema triggers for you
- Get good adequate sleep
- Breathe in flower essences to help lower your enhanced stress levels
These few aforementioned tips can lessen your stress as well as the eczema flare ups that can accompany it.
- Be clean at all times – This means not only your body needs to stay clean but your home and office surroundings as well. Mold, mites and dust are common eczema triggers that can lead to flare ups so make sure your environment is always clean.
- Skin care – Since your skin is the part of your body that is solely affected by your eczema, you may want to care for it as much as possible. If you want to keep your skin clean and healthy, you want to make sure it does not dry out because of cleansers or harsh soaps. You can use moisturizing soap that is mild on your skin. You can also avail of creams and lotions after taking a shower to maintain your moisturized skin. Also, be sure not to bathe or shower too long or not to use hot water because they will only make your skin dry out as well. Applying little or no cosmetics can also be a helpful tip in the avoidance of your eczema symptoms. Also, choose a detergent without any harsh chemicals or, scented perfumes to avoid irritating your skin.
- Clothing – There are clothes that will likely irritate your skin which may trigger flare ups of your eczema. Therefore, select clothing as well as towels and bedding that will not irritate your skin. The best type of fabric and clothing for your eczema-affected skin is 100% cotton.
- Lifestyle – Clean living will always give you good overall health. It will erase a lot of the triggers that can exacerbate your eczema. Alcohol and smoking are likely triggers for your eczema and availing of these substances will do nothing but increase stress in your life. Shed off those habits and live a healthy life to help better manage your eczema.
Eczema has no cure and no medication has yet been designed to make it go away forever. A lifestyle change for the better will make this skin disorder go away permanently or at least for a long time.
Harmony Wellness Center
1617 Hillcrest St
Orlando, FL 32803