Acupuncture has become a major form of alternative medicine over the last decade or so. This medical practice is an indispensable part of Traditional Chinese Medicine and has a history spanning more than two and a half millennia. Acupuncture involves the insertion of needles into prescribed points scattered across the body. This treatment is extremely beneficial as it assists in the relief of various illnesses from stress to headaches to back aches to issues related to pregnancy.
The Philosophy Behind Acupuncture
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, the determinant to illness and health is the energetic constitution of the body. Chi or Qi is the bio-electromagnetic energy that circulates throughout the human body. It flows along unseen energy vessels known as meridians. There are 12 main meridians in our body. They connect the major organs with other parts of the body and are usually named for the organ they influence. Some of these meridians are the pericardium, kidney, liver, spleen, heart, bladder, gallbladder, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine.
Acupuncture or acupoints are the points that are found just above the meridians; they are points of entry and exit of Qi in the body and are called tsubo and xue, in Chinese. There are about 2,000 acupoints in the human body. When energy movement along a meridian gets obstructed or blocked the body experiences, pain, aches, and diseases. The condition often affects an organ or organs along the meridian and creates an imbalance in the body. This imbalance can be corrected with acupuncture which helps restore well-being and health.
The Amazing Effects of Acupuncture in San Diego
• Acupuncture can be used to treat hyperacidity and digestive disorders.
• It can be used to resolve issues related to women. This can include menstrual cramping and menopause symptoms. For women with menopause problems, acupuncture can make it easier to control symptoms like hot flashes. The treatment can even be used for pregnancy-related issues such as morning sickness and can help induce labor.
• For people suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, backache or pain, or bone stiffness, long lasting relief can be attained with just a few consecutive rounds of acupuncture.
• Acupuncture can help lower blood pressure, relieve stress, and bolster the health of your heart.
• Insomnia, depression, and stress are conditions that can be addressed through the rectification of energy imbalances. A few sessions of acupuncture can increase the production and release of neurotransmitters that help calm the mind which induces a relaxed and good feeling in the body.
• It is widely known that antihistamines are the only solutions for allergies. When it comes to allergies, acupuncture strengthens the immune system of the body making it more resilient to seasonal allergies which reduce your use of allergy medications and antibiotic drugs. Acupuncture is also an ideal treatment for asthma.
• You can avail yourself of acupuncture if you’re plagued with chronic migraines. Stimulating certain acupoints alleviates ordinary headaches as well as lessens the incidence of monthly migraines.
• Lastly, rather than spending hours on an exercise machine, you can tap into the energy of the acupoints to melt a few calories and achieve a weight that’s healthy and right for you.
Acupuncture is a very effective medical practice. But to be on the safe side, it must be conducted by a licensed and qualified acupuncturist with the required level of training and experience.
Besides helping maintain good health, acupuncture also helps balance body energy and relieves pain.