Acupuncture New York is probably the oldest form of medicine not only in China but in the whole world as well. Its foundation is grounded in Taoist philosophy where adherents believe that life-giving energy not only flows inside the body of human beings but in other living beings as well. Acupuncture can be traced back to the stone-age where stones shaped and used as needles for healing were discovered. There are different kinds of acupuncture existing today but its basic foundation remains the same.
Because of awareness regarding the harmful substances in medications and the questionable and risky procedures in surgery, acupuncture together with several forms of alternative treatments has grown in popularity among people who want a safer more natural but effective approach to treating their illness. They are not cool to the idea of prolonged episodes of drug effects or invasive and risky procedures like chemotherapy, radiation therapy or surgery. Some are willing to stick it out with drugs provided that acupuncture is included in the therapy to minimize or neutralize the harmful effects of the inherent toxicity of these drugs and to speed up the healing process.
Since acupuncture is grounded in Taoist philosophy, its metaphysical attributes which explains its treatment procedures make it very hard to be empirically studied by mainstream medicine. As a result, many skeptics abound regarding acupuncture although acupuncture has been used as a treatment for many kinds of health problems for thousands of years. Acupuncture is not considered by Western medical science as a standard form of medicine. The needles used in acupuncture treatment are not the same as those used for vaccinations or injections. The acupuncture needles are as thin as human hair; vary in size, non-hollow, sterile and made of stainless steel.
Many people seeking acupuncture treatment have disorders usually painful and chronic which mainstream medicinal treatments have failed to cure. Health problems such as longstanding emotional problems, sleeping disorders, depression, cancer, migraines and headaches and persistent chronic back or neck pains are some of the problems acupuncturists encounter that mainstream medicine have no answer to.
Here are some of the wonderful benefits once can get from acupuncture.
1. It relieves pain caused by neck or back pain, arthritis, migraines and others.
2. Elicits a feeling of calmness, tranquility and relaxation which is perfect in fighting depression and stress and helps promote healing.
3. Helps a person get adequate good sleep and stimulates the appetite of a person.
4. Improves physical strength and enhances emotional well-being.
5. Increase sexual function of a person by increasing the fertility state of a woman and increases the virility and fertility state of the male. It can also beautify a woman by diminishing wrinkles and improving the skin health of the female.